trying to use a spweb object that has been closed or disposed and is no longer

Aug 27, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to use this web part on my site, that gives the above error when i assign list in the web part properties and click ok or apply.  Any idea why i am getting this error?

While i tested on another machine on which it works fine, so i am not sure what is the problem.

The one on which it does not work is a team site with publishing features all activated. The one on which it works is blank site with publishing feature on. I even tried creating a blank site on the site collection where it is not working, still the same error message, not sure what is going on. The big draw back i do not have VS2010 on the dev box for me to debug to find out where it is erroring.

Any thoughts is much appreciated.

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Hi,

My site also giving the same as above error in my production server. When I use this web part in my test server it works like a charm. Please provide solution for this.

thanks in advance

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Hi guys, is there a difference between these two sites, like nesting, root site etc. Can you send some sample URLs so I can test it?

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Hello,

My site is giving this error as well but it's a Foundation site - should that matter? I can give you a URL offline if you need that. Thank you! 

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM

same problem here :(

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Please try new build: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13226911/SearchSuggest/SearchAutoComplete.zip and let me know.

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Hi,

Now I got no Error! But it doesent work.

Without any function! Cant Search an item and there is no AutoComplete!

What can I do?

Von: toni [email removed]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012 18:09
An: Dominic Marx
Betreff: Re: trying to use a spweb object that has been closed or disposed and is no longer [SPAccelerators:225023]

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM

New release has been posted, hopefully this will fix all issues.

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Hi... no doesn't work for me!

No AutoComplete and no hits... :(

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Hm... Does it say "Search..." on the text box when you load the site?

UPGRADE: If you already have a previous version, uninstall it, and then re-add the solution.

Feb 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Hi,

i re-added the solution… no funktion!

Maybe I have to change the pathes of the Ressources in the Webpart options?

When I load the site, ther is no “Search…” in the textbox!

Gesendet: Montag, 13. Februar 2012 18:45
Betreff: Re: trying to use a spweb object that has been closed or disposed and is no longer [SPAccelerators:225023]

Hm... Does it say "Search..." on the text box when you load the site?

UPGRADE: If you already have a previous version, uninstall it, and then re-add the solution.

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Yup try that. If there is no Search... it means JQuery was not loaded properly : a link to resource might be wrong, or you have another webpart loading jquery or something that conflicts with this one.

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Hi,

can you send me the right jQuery files? J

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012 09:35

Yup try that. If there is no Search... it means JQuery was not loaded properly : a link to resource might be wrong, or you have another webpart loading jquery or something that conflicts with this one.

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Fix the references to files via web part tool pane. All the necessary files are delivered via package and you can open these with SharePoint Designer.